Emerson Spanish Immersion
School Improvement Plan 2012-2013 Strategies
Teachers fully implement best teaching practices across content areas to improve teaching and provide standards based learning to all students.
Teachers work together in order to fully implement quality programming and instruction for English student learners using an instructional model which includes the following practices:
· to develop learning and language goals that are standards based
· problem-solve around student challenges
· plan activities that meet the needs of all students
· create and utilize ongoing quizzes and tests to monitor student progress and adjust instruction as needed
· provide support to students
· use instruction in a classroom setting that meets the needs of all students
· ensure students are getting the equitable instruction.
Teachers will participate in weekly teacher training and development that improve instructional practices through inquiry and action planning, collaboration, and professional development that is based on current educational research and student achievement data.
Schools will improve partnerships with parents, families and the community through the following actions:
· communicating student learning goals as well as academic successes and areas of growth
· providing and communicating academic, behavioral, and social support options for parents
· providing opportunities for collaboration and feedback with parents and the community
· implement a consistent homework plan across all grade levels
1421 Spruce Place Minneapolis, MN 55403
Telephone: 612.668.3610 | Fax: 612.668.3620